Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ebichuman View Post
    I should have replied here earlier.

We had a long discussion amongst devs and crew leaders about this subject and the final decision was that if we were to change the assault formula to something like you would want it, then we would need the reconstruct the assault and GA feature completely, and that was something we realize would cause even more trouble than keeping things as they are now.
    Rather than fix something you are going to 'sugar coat' it.
    'It doesn't work properly at the moment but we cannot make it work better'.

Pfft..

Surely you cant just change code back to how it used to be? :S

Of course I could, but that would mean I would intentionally code a bug into the system that allowed for creating stats out of thin air. Because that was what the old system offered, and I remember quite the turmoil that created.

Of course I could, but that would mean I would intentionally code a bug into the system that allowed for creating stats out of thin air. Because that was what the old system offered, and I remember quite the turmoil that created.
    dude we must be talking about different old GA systems.. cauz when i last played in round twenty four and before there wasn't any bug i dont think :S you just got correct stats from whatever your rabbits had.. this system creates stats out of thin air cauz you get imaginary intel/char when you GA rabs with only str/tol.

so lets say we have 2 buggy GA systems. put the old buggy ga system back its miles better

or maybe you can change code a little so we dont get this imaginary intel/char or something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beano View Post
    dude we must be talking about different old GA systems.. cauz when i last played in round twenty four and before there wasn't any bug i dont think :S you just got correct stats from whatever your rabbits had.. this system creates stats out of thin air cauz you get imaginary intel/char when you GA rabs with only str/tol.

so lets say we have 2 buggy GA systems. put the old buggy ga system back its miles better

or maybe you can change code a little so we dont get this imaginary intel/char or something ?
    Getting extra intelligence and charisma isn't the whole of it. Check your Strength and Tolerance too. You lose more than you gain!

yea yea i know dude lol good point mentioning that aswell

It must have been amended to benefit somebody.

I cannot personally see how amending the code to deduct % of intelligence+ % tolerance +% Strength +% Charisma is coded differently than how it is currently which then creates bugs. Just remove the 'random stats quantity' part of the code and replace it correctly.

I'm sure if you spend a little time you could fix it eb

Let me try to explain this whole situation. The numbers below a purely for explaining only and not the numbers in the actual formula.

A long long time ago the winners in a GA would gain 5-10% of the losers' skills. At the same time the loser would lose 10-15% of their skills. After the skills had been won, adjustments where made according to character type. To promote hunting this was changed so that winners would gain 10-15% of the losers skills when the losers lost 10-15% of their skills, so no skills would be lost. This change however brought forth a bug into the light. The bug involved when skills were adjusted due to character type. This was the bug that enabled players to create stats out of thin air. The fact of the matter however was that the bug was always present, but with that change it became much more evident. However, if the fights would involve enough skills, the bug would have manifested itself with the old system too. This is were the bug fix that you want to revert now was made.

When we talked about adjusting the formula to achieve what you want, we went through a lot of different scenarios and the final conclusion was that if we are to change the formula to achieve what you want, it would mean reconstructing the whole GA feature which would affect the normal assault formula too, and we weren't prepared to do that.

I'm sorry that you don't agree with the current system you get stats from in GAs. But the fact is that the old system had a bug in it which gave players the opportunity to create stats from nothing. The problem is that your character class matters in deciding how much stats you gain from a GA and this poses a potential risk if we would gain the same stats as lost in GAs.
    When considering this change we had two other options that would achieve what you are asking for. One was to gain less stats than what was lost to minimize the risk of stats being created out of thin air, and the other was to ignore character class when giving out the stats. After a discussion among devs neither of these options were regarded to be the best so we went with what we have now.
    Hey dude, you have another bug...worst than that one you're talking about. Try to buy 400 strength, 400 tolerance, 1000 intelligence and 1000 charisma x 75 rabbits. That means a sum of 30 k. After you will milk that gang, you will earn about 45 k strength and tolerance using hitmans charcters, you won't lose anything even you'll get more respect. That's how Olympic made the stats they made.
    Last edited by sh0b0lanu; 10-19-2009 at 05:42 PM.

So this is not something that will change in the foreseeable future I take it?

All of the parts of the game I enjoy seem to be getting eradicated. GA is fooked 1x1 is rubbish.

Meh