Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube

Thread: Policing

Default Policing

Any reason the UK square isn't being policed anymore?
    A bit rediculous reading foreigners posting in the uk square!

what exactly do you mean matto ?

players from other countries aren't allowed to write in english street ?

Or you saying that no english speaking crew moderates english street ?

or that you want a UK resident to be moderating english street ?

or .... ??

It doesn't bother me who posts in the UK Square it also doesn't bother me who polices' it.

But when the uk square has foreign players posting in a foreign language with no crew anywhere to be seen i find it slightly annoying.
    I'd like to see a crew member at least browsing around the squares from time to time ensuring that only the language for that square is used.
    With possibly stronger punishment for those who break the rules.

You know i'm not one to complain alot but with how this makes me react may possibly see me breaking a rule or too with the way i try to get them out.

lol just seen this topic but yh i created same topic in feedback. only english sud be spoken on the english square!

its not that I dont agree with you , just there is not written rule for this , therefore we cant ban players under an invisible rule .

I'll agree with the points Matto made. At the end of the day, it all comes down to presence. The chance of reading scrawls of foreign chit-chat goes down a lot when there's a little bit of green on the square. They know if they come out with it, they'll be told to move on. They don't move on, they get a clip 'round the ear and chat banned (if that little feature still exists). So long as it's visibly enforced, you'll soon find that you won't see an awful lot of it any more. I believe the above action would be constituted under Rule #7, warranted for Spamming/Flooding in a Foreign language. A full on ban would seem a little harsh, unless they are a repeat offender, which is why a temporary "go sit in the corner and play with yourself until you calm down" would work very well - so long as there was someone visibly present to dish it out. It's common courtesy, if you want to turn up to the square, you speak the language of the chat your in.
    http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3258/sigqm7.jpg

Matto,
    I check GB, and several other squares, hospitals and prisons, when ever I log in (At least 3 times a day), and always chat-ban or warn wrongdoers and those who insult or flood. So maybe we dont chat much, but we try to keep track of all post and players.

Have you seen Brasil's square? Its like watching matrix. Al least 200 ppl chat at any given time. No one can moderate that.

Well, maybe Neo can...