Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube

Default Few minor mistakes

Few minor mistakes / suggestions that are bugging me.

1)When in "buildings" section, there is
    Collect drug (0=all):
    and space in quantity field is void. It would be better to have 0 number here.
    Yes, it works and it collects all drugs even with nothing is here (it acts like 0), but not everybody know that it works. Having 0 there would help those who don't know it.

Just my two cents

2)Random actions, you know, these annoying drunks. They were introduced somewhere in Round 27, correct ? Well, there's one thing that annoys me really lot. I click on anything, for example joining gang robbery and ... then random event pops out. I answer, but the point is that my previous action is not proceeded. It would be better if I clicked on gang robbery join button, I ACTUALLY JOINED and then this drunk appeared, if you want to have such things here.

3)What about to replace all captchas with this crosshair (target) feature ? One big advantage, really big one, it would make game mouse friendly, you would be able to do most of the things only with mouse.. Oh, it would also be less annoying

4)Maybe make an option of how long it takes to automatically log off your account. If you want it to to be 5 minutes, so be it. If you want it to be 30 minutes, so be it. It would be entirelly your option, to be set up in settings.
    Last edited by MartyMcFly; 01-06-2011 at 05:01 PM.
    Překladatel The Crims 6/2008-12/2008, 3/2011-2014 Czech Translator The Crims 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcFly View Post
    3)What about to replace all captchas with this crosshair (target) feature ? One big advantage, really big one, it would make game mouse friendly, you would be able to do most of the things only with mouse.. Oh, it would also be less annoying
    I really agree with that !It's annoying to have to have to move your 2 hands to do one little captcha code.. and i asume tha tthis crosshair is doing the same job as the letters

4)Maybe make an option of how long it takes to automatically log off your account. If you want it to to be 5 minutes, so be it. If you want it to be 30 minutes, so be it. It would be entirelly your option, to be set up in settings.
    Yes, this is also annoying when your playing TC and doing something else ( eating, playing other game chatting anything .. )and you always have to log in again every time you click somewhere . . and there is not any problems at leaving your account open for 20 or 30 mins if its inactive ?

.. Little but good suggestions

OK, I have to admit that first two aren't that important. They're actually 1% tiny ones

But 3rd and 4th are quite important. Not as important as other discussions about banning, but when playing, these one bugs you. They annoys. And working to somehow "UN-annoy" players is important

For example I'm trying out beta and I was eating toasts today. But I had to put them down in order to write captcha code. Later I hit on training button, started training and had to wait 10 minutes to finish it. I went to do something else and when I returned, I was logged off. Yeah, because my firefox sometimes saves password, sometimes don't (not sure why), I had to type my password. If I haven't been logged out, I would just hit training and finish the training. Also, in order to train (which most of people will do in early days of R47), you have to train quite often, 10 minutes + 10 minutes rest.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after 10 minutes, you're logged out, right ?
    Překladatel The Crims 6/2008-12/2008, 3/2011-2014 Czech Translator The Crims 2011-2014

Yes logout time is 10 min.

About putting 0 as default value at the drug dealers place. If I join as a new player and dont see that it says 0=all then I guess that 0 is 0, right? Im just thinking if it can cause more harm than good.

The cross hair captcha is nice but at this point I dont want to leave it out there alone so for at least a couple of rounds the other captchas will stay as well.

The login time could be changed, I will put that up as a suggestion.

I will see what I can do about those random events coming after the action has been made. I got a similar suggestion to put captchas after the action has been made as well and I like that approach.

Thanks for the ideas!
    TheCrims.com Crew
    Developer
    Support Center

Few minor mistakes / suggestions that are bugging me.

1)When in "buildings" section, there is
    and space in quantity field is void. It would be better to have 0 number here.
    Yes, it works and it collects all drugs even with nothing is here (it acts like 0), but not everybody know that it works. Having 0 there would help those who don't know it.
    Sounds good. In past, thecrims had this option...

TcMaThEuS.

^ Thanks Memox. Yes, that's right, I had your idea about captchas on my mind when I was conceiving the same thing abour random events.

About 0 value, you're probably right, I admit.

It would be nice to play with mouse only though, not being interrupted by captchas so often But I understand that removing captchas entirerily is bad. But there is simply too much of them.

Great, login time will be good thing for many players I hope.

I could make a slider like this jQuery UI - Slider Demos & Documentation where you can use the mouse to select the quantity you want. It will take extra space though...
    TheCrims.com Crew
    Developer
    Support Center

Oh, my bad. I haven't thought about slider and all I had on my mind were buttons. OK then, slider is a very good thing.

You can actually implement slider to rave club place as well, you'll be able to do one more thing with mouse (and when you rob in gang, you go to club quite often)

LOGOUT - This round, I'm trying to play with some rabbit accounts and with newly added Training Center feature, it's quite a hell of a job to keep them all logged in. When I was playing one account only (since R13 till today ), it was fine, but many players play with more accounts and when doing 10 minutes trainings for let's say 10 accounts, it's insane and they keep logging out, because you can't manage them all well

Now, when doing 30 minutes trainings, it's even worse, because you have to click on each account every let's say 8 minutes, so it's 8-16-24 and then you collect your training. 3 clicks times number of accounts, absolutely for nothing.

But thanks for caring, it wasn't that big problem in past, but now it's a bugger.

Hell while I was typing this, all my accounts have logged off. Setting them on one hour or 45 minutes would do only good.

There is a downside, when you went offline (suddenly, something like internet connection down), your friends won't be able to log in your account, because you'll still be logged in for about a hour. This is disadvantage, but when some has crappy connection, he should count with this.

For most people I believe, this will do good.

You would still be able to login even if your internet dies, the logout time doesnt block anyone else from logging in.
    TheCrims.com Crew
    Developer
    Support Center