Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube

Default Some ideas to help new players.

Just a few ideas ive come accross while trying out another game, very similar to TC (T_ _ _). Ive noticed some very nice points here, and to be truthful the way in which you start the game gives you a much better insight to how to level up and get stronger than the crims.

OK..

1. At the crims right now, all that new starters to help the begin is a very basic guide which many wont even come accross. Many new players begin to play, die or get jailed and that its. What ive found at this other game, is that its virtually impossible to die or be jailed in your first days in the game as the guide at beginning guides you through what you need to be doing!!

I know i have myself suggested it before, and surely theres no reason why it cant be done.. so why not make a step by step guide in which new players follow easy steps. Obviously you would have to have some sort of "bypass" to this as older players wont want to go through it each time. But if this was implemented then it would definitely help out the newer players. Why not just help them get to their first 1k respect, and during this time there should be no problems at all in showing them each of the basic features of the game.

2. Create a wiki page again, i know there was one in the past but for some reason it was deleted. I am unsure why this is the case, as many other games have wiki pages and wiki guides.

3. Have designated "online helpers". These wouldn't even necessarily have to be crew members but if this was the case you would need strict guidelines in place so that they didnt abuse the position. These people are there so that new players can submit playing queries to them and know they are going to get a suitable answer. Many players here already know that it usually takes 24h+ to get reply from support centre, but with 1k+ players online most of the time, there is always going to be someone who is able to help...

Image below of how it works there:

4. New players can avoid prison/hospital? May be quite hard to implement, the way the other game does this is by giving 10 free health refills when you start the game. This means that if you are hospitalized then you can get straight out, then continue with the game.

Please take time to look at these admins, as im quite sure that if some of these are brought in it will help retain newer players in the game instead of them signing up, logging in, dying/jail and never returning!

Thanks
    Last edited by Frazer2k4; 03-06-2012 at 09:30 PM.
    Ex Game Manager
    TheCrims.com
    [email protected]

Very good idea frazer

Very good idea!

i've told them about this before too..
    When new players start to play this game, they think this game is all about fighting and killing, so they started to make some respect and then go to random nightclub and get killed..because they don't have their own nightclub.
    After get killed, they find out that they have to wait, and can't do anything..
    they say to themselves "what the **** is this? i can't do anything!"
    so they log out and never come back.

That is how you lost a lot of new players, and ruin you own game.
    My suggestion, give them a chance to get out of hospital and jail, at least till they reach 2-5k respect.

Good ideas! We have the community service penalty instead of jail for new players but nothing to avoid hospital. The tutorial quests are ment to guide new players through the vital parts of the game but it can be better displayed. We used to have a wiki but decided to leave that idea when we bumped into problems with consistency and translations. My goal now is to make a great in-game documentation instead. I will have to consider that Helper idea, it is an interesting concept.
    TheCrims.com Crew
    Developer
    Support Center

Great idea Frazer, ive no idea why it hasnt been done yet.

And memox, hope u can put someone to do this guide instead of u, its time to put some lazy ass inside there to work.