Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube

Thread: Old good Crims

Default Old good Crims

Well guys. Maybe it's wrong section but in polish only poland can read this. So, what about Old thecrims and at this moment. When i was starting playing TC there were playing about 10 tousands people. Every rave you joined you saw 50-100 ppl. When i hunt now i need to join to 20 or more raves to find 1 people... We must do something with that because this game is great, in my opinions it's the best online game i've ever played. Bring back old rules or something... I don't know but we must do something or there will be playing less and less people. I would like to play with 10 tousands people, even 2k would be enough than 800... Please just try to bring back rules and players. TC forever <3

actual players amount didnt really decrease much, its just that most ppl before used shitload of secondary accounts.
    but i do agree once in a while they should make round with old rules

Daniel4ever Guest

Personnally i like this system more than old system. Now is more dynamic, funny and attractive. Anyway stay around we dont know the future what will reserve us.

i agree Daniel i also like this system now, but many players are bitching because they cant have hundreds of accounts anymore. so why not give them what they want once in a while.

I dont say we need multi acc round because scripters will probably win. But i miss old rounds when i joined the rave and there were 50 people. Now when we hunt we must go in 20 or more raves... I want to make games better and want to play with more people.

I always have a "deja-vu" moment when I read topics like these.

I can honestly say I see no reason to bring back something that was broken back in the day, and would probably be still broken if brought back. The definition of progress is "evolution moving forward". Maybe it's not news for you, but nobody plays Web based MMO's anymore. The declining trend started after 2007, and got worse and worse after 2010. Even the mighty Travian or Hattrick is far from the glory it once had.

Hell, not even client based MMO's (World of Warcraft, Star Wars The Old Republic - those are monthly subscription model) but also the free to play ones (Guild Wars 2) are doing much better. Their player base has constantly shrank. The trend today is Console gaming (PS4, Xbox1) or powerhouse PC Games, that are online, but lack a subscription model and besides the original purchase, do not tie the player to any commitment. Single player games, or freemium MMO's.

As far as Web Based MMO's go, I don't see any future for them, TC being one, sadly. The world is mobile and app based. And unless you can make the game work in an app, on a mobile platform, you have 0 chances of moving forward. You'll probably linger like now, with a counter that is happy if it reaches 1000.

Looking back, the game was flawed from the start. Not because of rabbits, because those came into play into the later rounds (5th and onwards) but because of the base mechanic of the gameplay. In TC, in order for one player to be successful, one has to ruin other player's experience. I kill your gameplay and cause you sorrow, so that I can become stronger. This alienates players, destroys the community, incites hatred, bad language, bad attitude, and forces any resemblance of decent and mature players out of the game. A decent, educated individual won't spend his time "taking shit" from hot headed puberty teenagers.

Nor will I, or the majority of other players be willing to start over after my gameplay experience has been ruined by others. And I'm not willing to have a reset every round. Plus, the prize money. Extremely detrimental to the game. Because in the online world, open competition brings the worse out of people. Every game gives incentives (skill, loot, artifacts - call them what you wish). But not money, and there's a good reason for that.

All of the above paragraphs made TC a unique game, but I daresay unique in a wrong way. And the results can be seen today. Even if memox and zed manage to update the game to today's standards, the game mechanics are very hard to change without a complete reshuffle. A new game basically. Do not be mistaken, TC is nearing the dawn of it's life. It's been a wonderful journey, and I am very grateful to have been a part of it for so long. But everything that has a beginning, has an end.

Best,

Kirk
    "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." - The Lord Acton