Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube

Default Let's talk about R116 and the Pimp

Hi there, I want to give my 2 cents on what made Pimp so broken on round 116 and give some general feedback. Given that the top 6 players were Pimps and the top 1 player had almost 50% more respect than the first non-Pimp player, I think this is not a matter of "if", but rather "why".

First of all, the Pimp changes already announced for R117, making his leveling up harder and a random event that reduces hookers' production for the day. I think they are in the right direction. Pimp had an easy time leveling up compared to other professions, which was even more noticeable on the first day or two of the game, and was generally much less affected by events.

But I do not think they are enough and there are other factors that will, in my opinion, keep Pimp as the strongest profession by far next round the way things are right now:

First of all, Districts. They were a little worse for Robber than anyone else because Robber's main income is split between two districts, whereas everyone else's main income is in a single one. This is changing now with the investment district playing a bigger part for Businessmen, but Pimp can still stay on the hookers district all the time; poor Robber on the other hand will have to bounce between his two main districts as well as Boat and Investment all the time, leaving him the most vulnerable to losing stats.

For the actual numbers on Districts, the same bonus for hookers and for other things is weird since the special hookers item gives +300%/5days while the buildings item gives +400%/6days... it would make sense if the hookers district increased +0.75% instead of +1% every 10 days, especially considering that hookers will give you the most total money later in the round (while buildings reach maximum production on day 31 for non-BM). So on day 110 you would have +15% from hookers instead of +20%.

Second, VIP 3 giving +15% from hookers was also a huge buff which I would also suggest toning down (VIP1 - 4%, VIP2 - 8%, VIP3 - 12% would seem more fair). These factors combined made the amount of money Pimp made much higher compared to other professions, because hookers alone give more money than any other source of income alone (BM needs buildings+more investments for example, not just buildings) so their bonuses being the same as other sources of income, both on VIP and Districts, seems like it could be adjusted.

Also, all professions gaining equal stats immediately brings attention to the fact Pimp gained the worthless Charisma stat the most and now will be less hampered by that... though I can see ups and downs for all professions on this one. I do think his level 13 stats requirement is absurdly better than other professions', requiring only Tolerance which conveniently is the best stat in the game today. Speaking of which, shouldn't all level 13 stats requirements be looked at since the stat distribution is being drastically changed?

Overall, it was great fun. Though the results worried me on the Robber (the 2nd best Robber had less respect than the 15 best BM or the 13 best Pimps) I think the VIP buff for him will be enough to put him in line with BM and Dealer, and hopefully Pimp. I saw changes are coming to Broker as well. Looking forward to round 117!
    Last edited by SwordGrunt; 04-17-2020 at 03:41 AM.

Morning ... well you are correct PIMP will probably still be the best profession next but it is not strong just because of districts .

Actually from what I know from players that played it they used other districts as well during the round not only the hooker one.
    Pimp was strong because , he had easy levels, no deficit when robs basically he is a second robber... his income is always steady and nothing was lowering... The new event even tho will hit 20 % of its profit might not do much but it is a first step.

Starting next round all districts will give 1% so the 0.5 % you see now on BETA is not final ...and we are looking into how the district bonus interacts with buildings + item... there seems to be a problem there.

Overall the round ended how i thought it would ... all the teams that played for top 1 10 played PIMP because they realized it was the strongest profession. In my opinion next round should be much more interesting than this one and a little bit more fun for all professions ... even broker could be top 10 after the changes made... depending who is playing it and how ofc.

I think I already changed lvl 13 for pimp ... but I will check that again today. Thank you for pointing that out !!

I will tell you something ... we are working on introducing new SPECIAL ITEMS that should change how the game is played , not for R 117 but 118

So, if you play tc, play pimp.

beby i thynk you must cut some hokers from pimp . or alow them 2 buy more only when they make lvl 12. becouse pimp make 9-10kk respect per item X 10 items its 90-100kk . and second best after pimp have 145kk respect in cash. and you think if brokers have 1 extra lab they can take top 10 )) ..
    And you sey all the time you want 2 help solo players . you kill them with distrincts . becouse players with team will make acounts with stats and will remove all the time the players who play for top from distrinct , like this round

Hi, thanks for responding. There's another pretty severe thing I realized after posting: Pimp has an easier time gaining robbery power now since he no longer gains more charisma and strength (the worst stats for robbery power). Shouldn't he get reduced robbery power now like the Businessman and Dealer? I believe the reason he did not have this penalty is exactly because the stats he gained were already bad for robbery power, which is no longer true with all stats evenly distibuted. Not reducing his robbery power would essentially be a buff to counteract the nerf to his leveling up.

I really wish you'd take a look at this... I know there's little time before the round starts but I and many others feel forced to play Pimp if we want to try and compete at all for the top spots. And I think level 13 needs to be reviewed for all professions, it was hard enough to get 3 million Intelligence on Robber when gaining 50% intel on stats, imagine how it will be with equal stat distribution.

we can start talking about businessmen now, cant we? its more OP than pimp last round
    Last edited by Romanko; 05-10-2020 at 02:46 AM.