Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Smile The Crims NFT "Non fungible Token"

    Hello there guys!

    Is there any chance for The Crims joining NFT circle?
    All the comps n assets of the game can be tokenized and registered on blockchain, and the login could easy be with your web3 wallet.
    Since TC have 20 years +, will not be hard to build a community around this.
    The "development"/migration may take around 6 months or so.

    NFT games are popping nowadays, and i do believe TC will do perform good.

    I have a extensive knowledge on NFT/Blockchain, if any of you guys need any help with it, just let me know.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Hey Ivan, how are you doing?

    In my opinion, that wouldn't be a good idea for TC for several reasons.

    First of all, NFT games are seem as a high risk investment with a very short expiration date. I can talk with property because I invested on some of those games and lost a considerable amount of money. In the other hand, I believe TC is a solid game, as you pointed out it has been running since 2000.

    A lot of games were 'popping' like you said and then LITERALLY DIED once they got involved in huge scandals and other projects simply died once their coin price dropped. You probably know, but I will give you the most famous example: CryptoCity. The developers of that project stole 73 million dollars doing a slow rugpull. Regarding other projects that are still alive, did you see how much their price coin has dropped since December 2021? What are your thoughts on that?

    Anyways, what are your ideas to transform TC in a NFT game? Please, elaborate, I'm really curious on how that would work out.

    Regards.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lost View Post
    Hey Ivan, how are you doing?

    In my opinion, that wouldn't be a good idea for TC for several reasons.

    First of all, NFT games are seem as a high risk investment with a very short expiration date. I can talk with property because I invested on some of those games and lost a considerable amount of money. In the other hand, I believe TC is a solid game, as you pointed out it has been running since 2000.

    A lot of games were 'popping' like you said and then LITERALLY DIED once they got involved in huge scandals and other projects simply died once their coin price dropped. You probably know, but I will give you the most famous example: CryptoCity. The developers of that project stole 73 million dollars doing a slow rugpull. Regarding other projects that are still alive, did you see how much their price coin has dropped since December 2021? What are your thoughts on that?

    Anyways, what are your ideas to transform TC in a NFT game? Please, elaborate, I'm really curious on how that would work out.

    Regards.

    Mhmm, maybe i didn't make it clear nor you're mixing NFT with the notorious "play 2 earn" games.
    But, no, NFT games arent seem as a high risk investment, and i haven't mentioned play 2 earn style, it can be 100% free using polygon network for example.
    Everything is managed at its contract creation and devs desires,crypto prices is volatile. Its price depends of the LP. if the LP is BNB "in case of binance smart chain project based", it will follow the bnb chart discounting the game token supply. (the math is easy thou)
    Sorry, but you have "invested" in something that have never existed, the community have been warning about those projects since its beginning.
    All those "games" that have done rugpull weren't games at all.

    1° The developers are unknown
    2° The games came from nowhere, games that were already ready dropped into vietnamese studios limbo
    3° They has no names at all
    4° 98% are from vietnam, promising a high APR in a short time.

    I kindly understand your point of view, but its too shallow, you falled into a ponzi scheme, and ponzi scheme exists before internet.

    Since TC is already created, they'll just need a dev to design the proper network to use and generate the assets depending on TC team demands.

    by the way, that was just an idea. wasn't expecting an answer like this, mentioning fraudulent projects and scandals generalizing the whole technology.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Mhmm, maybe i didn't make it clear nor you're mixing NFT with the notorious "play 2 earn" games.
    But, no, NFT games arent seem as a high risk investment, and i haven't mentioned play 2 earn style, it can be 100% free using polygon network for example.
    Everything is managed at its contract creation and devs desires,crypto prices is volatile. Its price depends of the LP. if the LP is BNB "in case of binance smart chain project based", it will follow the bnb chart discounting the game token supply. (the math is easy thou)
    Sorry, but you have "invested" in something that have never existed, the community have been warning about those projects since its beginning.
    All those "games" that have done rugpull weren't games at all.

    1° The developers are unknown
    2° The games came from nowhere, games that were already ready dropped into vietnamese studios limbo
    3° They has no names at all
    4° 98% are from vietnam, promising a high APR in a short time.

    I kindly understand your point of view, but its too shallow, you falled into a ponzi scheme, and ponzi scheme exists before internet.

    Since TC is already created, they'll just need a dev to design the proper network to use and generate the assets depending on TC team demands.

    by the way, that was just an idea. wasn't expecting an answer like this, mentioning fraudulent projects and scandals generalizing the whole technology.
    Wrong, I didn't mix NFT with play to earn games, infact your answer is very vague. You barely explained your idea on the initial post, so I assumed you were talking about making TC a play2earn game, which is what makes sense, but now what you're saying makes even less sense. What would be NFT then? Medals, trophies, skulls? Sorry, that doesn't make any sense (at least for me), I don't like it. Again, that's MY OPINION.

    The scam projects were mentioned to question the confidence NFT games inspire to people in the current moment not to generalize the whole technology. I didn't fall into anything, as I said IT IS a high risk investment, I was fully aware of that since the start. Let's not forget we are talking about a very volatile market, like you said.

    Incase you don't know, TC has already a new design being worked on and also a Mobile App that will come with it. That makes much more sense than transforming the game into NFT, if you ask me.

    Now again, instead of focusing your answer on the scam example, how about you explain what benefits NFT would bring to TC? How would the economy be? Every NFT game, regardless of being free depends on the coin price, which can go down to 0 in a couple of days or even hours.

    I'm sorry you didn't like/expect my answer, usually opinions tend to differ.

    Just letting you know that your idea was already brought up 2 months ago and a poll was made:
    https://take.quiz-maker.com/poll4093684xDF084733-128

    You can go on that link and vote, also feel free to share your thoughts here.

    Regards.
    Last edited by lost; 03-08-2022 at 02:53 AM.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lost View Post
    Wrong, I didn't mix NFT with play to earn games, infact your answer is very vague. You barely explained your idea on the initial post, so I assumed you were talking about making TC a play2earn game, which is what makes sense, but now what you're saying makes even less sense. What would be NFT then? Medals, trophies, skulls? Sorry, that doesn't make any sense (at least for me), I don't like it. Again, that's MY OPINION.

    The scam projects were mentioned to question the confidence NFT games inspire to people in the current moment not to generalize the whole technology. I didn't fall into anything, as I said IT IS a high risk investment, I was fully aware of that since the start. Let's not forget we are talking about a very volatile market, like you said.

    Incase you don't know, TC has already a new design being worked on and also a Mobile App that will come with it. That makes much more sense than transforming the game into NFT, if you ask me.

    Now again, instead of focusing your answer on the scam example, how about you explain what benefits NFT would bring to TC? How would the economy be? Every NFT game, regardless of being free depends on the coin price, which can go down to 0 in a couple of days or even hours.

    I'm sorry you didn't like/expect my answer, usually opinions tend to differ.

    Just letting you know that your idea was already brought up 2 months ago and a poll was made:
    https://take.quiz-maker.com/poll4093684xDF084733-128

    You can go on that link and vote, also feel free to share your thoughts here.

    Regards.
    In my initial post i've just asked if "Is there any chance for The Crims joining NFT circle?"
    One of the benefits is joining the community and bring new players, also a daily active community transacioning its nfts on the platforms, such as opensea,rarible,scv, and many others.

    The mobile game sounds good, even mobile game players being totally different than desktop browser game players but, NFT will be one more feature, there's no need of "transform"

    Again, seems like you just know the play2earn NFTs and have a limited vision of it, that's ok since you lost a considerable amount of money, you automatically will be on defensive. but this is not the only way to use it. NFT uses the technology of blockchain to create something that is unique in the digital world.

    There's not even a coin needed, the whole application will just use the desired blockchain network "there are many of them".
    Who determine how much each NFT will be/worth is the players who transacts it.

    The quiz is well done and explain some of the uses of the nft on TC, which i agree with all of them.

    I guess the quiz pool should be shared with the actual tc players on its homepage, or somewhere wich players have wide access.
    less than 10% comes to the forum.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    In my initial post i've just asked if "Is there any chance for The Crims joining NFT circle?"
    One of the benefits is joining the community and bring new players, also a daily active community transacioning its nfts on the platforms, such as opensea,rarible,scv, and many others.

    The mobile game sounds good, even mobile game players being totally different than desktop browser game players but, NFT will be one more feature, there's no need of "transform"

    Again, seems like you just know the play2earn NFTs and have a limited vision of it, that's ok since you lost a considerable amount of money, you automatically will be on defensive. but this is not the only way to use it. NFT uses the technology of blockchain to create something that is unique in the digital world.

    There's not even a coin needed, the whole application will just use the desired blockchain network "there are many of them".
    Who determine how much each NFT will be/worth is the players who transacts it.

    The quiz is well done and explain some of the uses of the nft on TC, which i agree with all of them.

    I guess the quiz pool should be shared with the actual tc players on its homepage, or somewhere wich players have wide access.
    less than 10% comes to the forum.
    I'm not on defensive. I will say this once again and for the last time, IT WAS A HIGH RISK INVESTMENT, I put a money which I was confortable with losing. That's how life works, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Period. And I used my experience to ilustrate what I think of those play2earn games at the moment. I don't see how NFT would apply to TC, since you already play to "earn" technically, you have prize pools at the end of the round if you win. So let's say that with NFT, instead of playing for a prize, I would be playing for the medal itself which I would later sell based on the community's price? That's your idea? It doesn't make sense for me.

    Let me tell you something, I played very hard for my achievements for them to become something people can sell and buy with money, that's why I don't like the idea initially. The money I spent while playing for those achievements is very easy to recover, the time in the other hand...

    What I do think is that TC is very unique and different from any other browser game I've ever seen. Implementing NFT on the game might be good? Well, perhaps, who knows? But it could also backfire hard. I believe we should focus on improving the game by fixing bugs/errors and with good ideas (new design, mobile app, new game features), instead of gambling with a new concept.

    I agree with you when you say 10% of the players come to the forum, which is very unfortunate.

    You're more than welcome to send an email to the following addresses explaining your ideas:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

    Regards.

  7. #7

    Default

    Não entendi por que vocês estão falando em inglês se são ambos brasileiros, mas aqui vai minha opinião no tema: NFT foi criado pra autenticar qualquer propriedade digital de forma descentralizada. Porém,

    Ultimamente, até desenvolvedoras gigantes têm considerado usar NFT, mas o objetivo deles não é gerar um ambiente mais seguro, é ganhar dinheiro.

    Da mesma forma que as criptomoedas foram inventadas para funcionar como uma alternativa mais segura às moedas que já existiam e agora são ativos financeiros (ou criptoativos), os NFTs têm sido usados tanto pra fazer, quanto pra lavar dinheiro. O objetivo da coisa tem se perdido cada vez mais, e em um jogo como The Crims, é ainda mais difícil sequer vislumbrar algo assim sendo implementado. Quer dizer, teríamos, por exemplo um item raro e único que ninguém mais possa ter? A cada round tudo reseta, e a alternativa seria achievments -- que já existem, então é sem sentido.

    Mas se resolverem usar, seria bom ser honesto e falar que tá fazendo por causa do dinheiro, e não pela segurança. Por mais que eu não vá com a cara do Lost, tenho que concordar que a maioria das pessoas que entram nessa vão pensando no lucro mesmo.

    Gabe Newell, cofundador da Steam, disse o seguinte sobre o Metaverso: "There's a bunch of 'get rich quick' schemes around metaverse. [...] Most of the people who are talking about metaverse have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. And they've apparently never played an MMO. They're like, 'Oh, you'll have this customizable avatar.' And it's like, well... go into La Noscea [Limsa Lominsa, pra ser mais específico] in Final Fantasy 14 and tell me that this isn't a solved problem from a decade ago, not some fabulous thing that you're, you know, inventing."

    Então esse povo tá pensando só no dinheiro, e não em criar algo novo ou elevar a outro patamar o que já existe, infelizmente.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •