Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube

Thread: Improvments?

Default Improvments?

I'll give ya an idea how to improve the game...

Change it back to how it ****ing used to be. Less of this nonsense, then again you obvoiusly dont look at the amount of top players leaving, you must just look at the bank statement and how more and more ****ing n00bs have brought credits.

I would say do a poll or something along those lines, but seen as so many decent people have left and rarely return to read the forum it would be pointless...

Beano hit the nail on the head with the poll comment. Even if a Poll got made, if I went around the squares with a link, no one would give two wanks about it. And even if it got stuck on the newspaper, sure a couple of people would add a decent opinion but the majority of people voting or replying would proberly be newer players who don't know AC from FK and totally miss the point that is trying to be made. Nontheless I agree.

I'll repeat a quote of mine from a couple of weeks back. ''But, in the run up to TC2, TC1 should just refocus itself on the fun that a game is meant to be.'' I got a reply from Ebi which satisfied me but the reply was to change it after the launch of TC2. Business-wise, thats fair enough. But, business-wise still, if you've got a game where people are leaving(and not coming back) then surely your going to get less and less people interested in TC2 with the Give-A-**** rate being people who log on to check it out and then go away again, or just don't bother with it at all, and thats not good for business.

I understand business is business. The moon is not made of cheese, games aren't made by the love of pleasing 100's of hermits, they are made as a business which needs to make profit. In TC's case, that profit is made by credits, advertisements. However, several of the features that people would love to return don't effect credits in any way, well, apart from maybe that "Super Bullet" arms dealer crap.

That one account per browser thing REALLY needs to go. And so does that ****ing Bounty Hunting. Why does Bounty Hunting need to go I hear you cry ; Because it's a waste of space. It has no purpose other than transferring credits, and allowing people to beg for credit donations. Thats not a feature, its a PAIN IN THE ARSE. It takes up space and if it was removed, there would proberly be some kind of performance boost(don't quote me on that I am no PC Whizz) but even so, remove it. People can still transfer credits, they have no reason to whine about not being able to send them between each other. Maybe a few things like the time between transfers could be changed to please the majority but there is no reason for Bounty Hunting to stay in TC.

Another thing I have been banging on about for a while is 1vs1 being Stats vs Stats. Because I am feeling nice today i'm going to couple it with another thing that has been asked by a lot of people. A 1vs1, or a fight should be hand to hand, no weapons, Attackers Stregnth vs the Defenders Tolerence. Blasting each other with guns isn't a fight, its a duel, like you'd see in one of John Waynes cowboy movies. The main point I am making is I would rather be fighting in the safe comfort that the stats that I have worked hard to build aren't going to fail me because of some Weapon Difference. And Fight Wounds don't take as long as Bullet wounds to heal up. So Hospital time for "having the shit kicked out of you" could be reduced, therefore pleasing the new players who keep getting raped by hunters and then crying about it. Not that they deserve to be babied(THEY SHOULD LEARN) but it would please them and keep them around for me to have another crack at

Bring back the old % stat gains. It makes hunting worthwhile. And makes the already boring(but not beyond a pisstake) milking of rabbits a little bit easier. Milking rabbits used take a couple of tabs or windows but now its gotten to the point of a couple of BROWSERS.

Bring back the stat gains from Single Robberies. I don't know if i'm correct on this but stat gains from Single Robberies have been weined down in the past few rounds. Building an account to 50 respect used to be a simple system. Buy a Baseball Bat, rob 2 old ladies, then jump onto Car Break in for three or four goes, then onto Taxi for about 4 times, then go into a club and do Carding. Now i'm finding that I have to rob a lot more of each to move up. Again, it makes building rabbits a LOT more boring for people who don't have credits. Because lets face it, who gets anywhere without building a shitload of rabbits?

Bring back the old money gains from Gang Robberies. I'm talking 10-20k from Forex, 50k-80k for Value Transport, 250K for Federal Reserve etc. Again, it makes things a lot more slow moving and a lot more boring, not just for rabbit users, for everyone.

Bring back the old weapons. A favorite of mine. Remove this profieciency shit. It's a bore. Bring back old weapon powers. Sniper Rifle 110, Mean Machine 300, a time when the Sniper Rifle was vastly considered the best weapon. For a start, it'll obliterate people jumping up to big money robberies with massive power weapons. And if you wouldn't go for the Stats vs Stats 1vs1 idea it would certanly decrease the bias towards weapons over stats. Durability dosen't really bother me but i'm sure a lot of people have an opinion on that.

(A bit out of the blue) Bring back robbery cover. This was obviously removed down to rabbits about 15 rounds ago. The great thing about cover was as long as you had the stats, you could cover your friends and allow them to rob big robberies as long as you joined the robbery. Obviously people covered there rabbits on robberies like FK but they had the stats, stats that they had built, so what was wrong about it. Away from rabbits, it's great for a person like me who dosen't want to spend hours building stats and just wants to jump into the game and **** some people up. I still have memories of the UK gangs that used to form early on in the rounds and do Forex, VT and Fed together. DV8's gang inperticular. A lot of new players(at the time) were in that gang and stayed around to go on and be succesful, good players. I.E Frazer, Crimreffa I could go on and on. It was a lot of fun. But I doubt it could be repeated so this idea would need a lot of feedback on it.

And make sorting wrong flags out a bigger priority. I don't want to look as if i'm crawling for a job, but I earnt my 100 credits a week. If a person has the tools available to check for wrong flags, then they should be doing it. Round 12 when the ability to select your flag was removed, I believe Fr3netico moved all wrong flags by himself. If he could do it, why can't a bigger, better equipped crew do it NOW?

Most of this is off the top of my head and I havent really gone into detail but its half 8 in the morning and i'm ****ing shattered. I would however appreciate the same consideration from other people in reading and replying. TC2 looks like a good game, on the outside. But thats all I can tell from the 1 screenshot provided. I'd hate to see the game rushed or neglected because of some "Futuristic, good" idea for change in TC1 that everyone is going to hate and complain to be removed anyway. TC1 should be fun, and the barriers should be lifted on the restrictions and the clamps removed from the fun element. Things would be a lot different in the rankings if the gameplay was changed, but as long as they don't use bugs or bots whats the problem? Surely instead of round to round changes, one solid, well coded version of TC would last in the rounds leading up to TC2 if players liked it enough. If any bugs were reported and solved quickly then there would be no problems. And with the size of the crew it's not like every day duties would be neglected.

This time, just my 5 quid.

I really liked your post Dave, your comments were constructive and well motiveted. This is a discussion I would gladly have when TC2 has been launched. Unfortunately work is not progressing as fast as we had hoped on TC2 and this has forced me to focus my attention even more on TC2. That's another reason I would like to wait with this discussion, I have to priorotize the use of my time. The less time I put on TC1 now, the faster we can get to implement real changes into it.

wow, dave you make blue words.
    i am certainly 100% with you, and i will realy like to see that gameplay which you present here. i know that many people will like this options, and gameplay will be easier, and much more fun from now.

i think this topic should be sticky, and hear meaning of other player if they like it. i will certainly like to see this implended.

i would like to see coments from admins, but i can expect answer, that this is to much to do, and that it can't be implended, because tc2 cost to much time. it will be bad excuse, but lets see what will admins say

Quote Originally Posted by ebichuman View Post
    I really liked your post Dave, your comments were constructive and well motiveted. This is a discussion I would gladly have when TC2 has been launched. Unfortunately work is not progressing as fast as we had hoped on TC2 and this has forced me to focus my attention even more on TC2. That's another reason I would like to wait with this discussion, I have to priorotize the use of my time. The less time I put on TC1 now, the faster we can get to implement real changes into it.
    (yawn). How long was it ago you started on TC2? And how long will it be before you finally get it done? Come on ffs **** TC2 we want TC1 back the way it was, now, not next year. Or with it being close to a new year it'll probably be even longer ha.

+ Post above me LOL well guessed haha.
    Last edited by Beano; 11-20-2008 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahakka View Post
    i think this topic should be sticky
    That's been done before and it wasen't the most successful of things, but still it would be nice if the topic was baught to attention of the majority instead of just being deleted in a thoughtless cleanup of feedback at the end of the round to be forgotten about.

From what i've read i'm assuming there's going to be a beta of TC2. No one knows when(or if) it will be released, but there's normally a long break between rounds at christmas/new year. Festive joy is all well and good but a lot of people complain that theres no TC at this time. It would proberly make things a lot better for everyone if a TC2 Beta was released at this time when TC1 is down to give people a taster of it and build up anticipation for a full release in however long you estimate it would take. TC's current round ends on the 20th of next month. Surely that would give a little bit of time for a few of the above(it dosen't have to be all of them, all of them could be introduced the next round) to be implemented into the next round. If a full blown discussion was opened now then it'd give a chance for everyone to have their say. I'm not suggesting spend all christmas and new year coding, your humans too, but theres a good two or three working days before christmas eve/christmas day. With the non-festive playing TC2 over the christmas holidays(they will, it's better than those flip cards or that simon shit) everyone's happy and there will be a better TC in the next year. A good way to kick off 2009 to those concerned i'd say. But then again im no coder, I can't predict how long this stuff takes to code in and change. Nor do I know if theres gonna be a long festive break.

Hmm..!

some of the comments above still are still valid as good improvments to the game

omg !!! noobs detected !!!! go talk about tc2 in the right topic , not here !!!!

BRING BACK OLD GA SYSTEM !!!!

Default New building

Imo a hash plant need to produce a bit more than 45unit/day. It could be like hash plant/hash field like there is a weedplant/weed field tia.
    Last edited by bene77; 11-07-2009 at 02:54 PM.

I just want FK back